What to do if your e-mail to Covertise is returned
You may have sent an e-mail to Covertise, but it bounced or was returned to you undelivered.
If you would like us to try to figure out what happened, then follow these three steps:
- Visit the following website from the same Internet Service Provider (ISP) that you used to send your original message that bounced: http://www.whatismyip.com/
- It is important that you visit this page from the same ISP/network that you used to send the e-mail that bounced
- If you sent from your office computer, visit the above link from your office computer
- If your message bounced from your iPhone, then visit the above link from your iPhone
- If you sent your message from home, then visit the above link from home
- Write down your IP address. It should be 4 numbers separated by periods. Here is an example IP address: 220.127.116.11
- If you do not send the correct IP address or if you are on the wrong network when you check your IP address, then we will not be able to help you.
Once we have your IP address, we will investigate to determine is a problem on our end.
Keep in mind that if you if there is an e-mail issue, you may have to use other means to contact us like the telephone or our portal.
Tags: Service Provider