Posts Tagged ‘Business Owners’
Website Out of Service?
If a website is out of service, even just temporarily, Google may de-index the website.
Many business owners would think that Google and other search engines would not remove out of service websites from their indexes, but instead give the business owner more time to resolve any technical or business issues with the website.
According to Google, this may not be the case as there appears to be a penalty for having a website out of service.
Question from B. Schwartz:
I’ve been having problems with downtime from my hosting company (am moving tomorrow as this is the final straw) and I’ve now practically disappeared from Google. I was in 3rd position for 5 of the more popular searches for my business and now – nothing.
Vanessa Fox of Google replies:
If the host is down when Googlebot tries to access your pages, then those pages may disappear from the index until Googlebot can crawl them again. In webmaster tools, do the pages you want indexed appear in the crawl errors section? If so, then Googlebot was unable to access them. If you are moving the site to a new host and the pages are available the next time Googlebot tries to access them, then you should see them in the index again soon after that.
So Google may remove websites from their front page if your website is not accessible at the time Google’s robot (or bot) checks your website for updates.
Vanessa goes on to say:
You’re right that requesting reinclusion is only for sites that have violated the guidelines. This isn’t the situation in your case, and there’s no need to contact us to let us know that your site has moved and is available again, as Googlebot will keep rechecking for it automatically. Googlebot will try a few times before the pages drop from the index. As for how long it takes for a page to get back in once the site is back up, that really depends on a number of factors, such as how often the site is crawled in general.
Once your website goes offline, it is like having to start all over again from the bottom…
- Covertise hosts client websites on best-in-class servers that are under our control.
- We do not host client websites on \”shared hosting\” accounts which are located on low-end servers with hundreds or even thousands of unrelated websites with an equal number of owners and operators. One bad apple does spoil the barrel.
- Your business website must be managed and hosted in a \”good neighborhood\” without any crowding or overselling.
Contact Covertise for more information.
Learn the ins and outs of starting, running, and growing a business with Warren County Community College's Small Business Boot Camp. This series of courses is designed to help business owners avoid common small business mistakes and learn the most effective strategies and practices for starting and growing a successful business.
MERRILLVILLE | The Northwest Indiana Small Business Development Center is teaming with social media coach Kathy Sipple to present a new workshop on Pinterest for Business from 8:30 a.m. to noon Sept. 13 at the Purdue University Calumet Academic Learning Center, 9900 Connecticut Drive, in Room 221.
Administrative details can become major distractions from the work business owners really want to do
Local businesses receive tips on using social media marketing; 'You have to be 100 percent committed,' they are told
The proliferation of social media platforms is a by-product of ever-changing technology. There’s Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Tumblr, to name a few. However, Bill DeRosa, co-founder of Talking Finger, a social media marketing company, cautioned local business owners about utilizing social media unless they’re willing to invest time and effort.
When you enter your name or the name of your business into a major search engine, do you see one or more blogs or websites that publish negative reviews or other damaging content about you, the business owners or your company in general?
- Remove negative content quickly
- Boost the visibility of positive content such as honest testimonials, product reviews and customer feedback
- Create new, positive content and syndicate it across both our proprietary network of blogs, directories and websites and our partners review sites
- Post hundreds of positive articles, blogs, journals,forum entries, news items, press releases and other content on a steady, regular schedule
- Optimize positive content so that it rises quickly to the top of search engines and Internet directories
- Populate websites with relevant keywords so that prospective customers looking for your company’s products and services can find your business
AUGUSTA — U.S. Sen. Olympia Snowe, who has a Facebook page with nearly 4,700 "likes," invited representatives of the social networking giant to the city Tuesday to help teach Maine business owners how to turn virtual likes and fans into customers.
If you’re a business owner interested in learning more about accounting, or looking to add social media to your marketing plan, mark your calendar for one or both of these upcoming training programs.
There’s a loud chorus of gripes out there from business owners and CEOs. Many are complaining about the difficulties of dealing with three generations — boomers, Gen Xs and GenYs — at work.
BUTLER COUNTY For business owners looking to evaluate, analyze and plan for the coming year, there’s no time like the present.That’s because December is National Write a Business Plan Month, an opportune time for business owners to prepare for the new quarter by planning ahead.